Photos

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 ... 2053» Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...





St Andrew's Church, Fontmell Magna, Dorset, England

The parish church of St. Andrew, standing on an eminence, is an edifice of stone, principally in the Perpendicular style, and consists of chancel, nave, aisle, south porch, and an ancient and lofty embattled western tower of Norman date, with pinnacles, and containing a clock with chimes and 6 bells: the stained east window was given by the first Lord Wolverton, in 1862, in memory of Sir Richard Plumptre Glyn (who rebuilt the church); the west window is a memorial to George Carr Glyn, 1st baron Wolverton. d. 24 July. 1873; and there are other windows to Maj. Richard Riversdale Glyn, who died and was buried at Aden, in 1859. and Riversdale Robert Glyn, buried at Hastings, in 1829, both sons of the first Lord Wolverton: the church was restored in 1862: there are 250 sittings.


Owner/Sourcegoogle.com
Date11 Dec 2017
File nameSt Andrews Church, Fontmell Magna, Dorset, England.jpg
File Size50.78k
Dimensions564 x 378
Linked toMartha Lemon (Christening)

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 ... 2053» Next»     » Slide Show




Home Page |  What's New |  Most Wanted |  Surnames |  Photos |  Histories |  Documents |  Cemeteries |  Places |  Dates |  Reports |  Sources